Friday before last Zach had Moms & Muffins and book fair on the same day. It happened to be my Friday off so he was excited that I was going to get to come. But he really got excited when he found out that he was getting his first AR Award. You get them for reading and answering questions on the books you read. After you get your first 5 points you get your award and they give it out in front of the whole school at morning assembly. It just so happened that he was getting it on that same Friday so he told me I had to stay so I could see him get the award. Of course I wouldn't miss that! I had never been to the assembly so I didn't know what to expect but it was really neat they do the pledges, tell the lunch menu, give out birthday awards and all kinds of cool things.. it is a great start to the day. At the end was when they did the award.. Zach was so cute and excited to get his. I'm so proud of him. The new school seems to be a great fit for him.

No comments:
Post a Comment